Monday, September 13, 2010

Bridge Knitting Preview and Summer Reading Swap

Here is one quick shot of the "covered" bridge -- covered in knitting, that is.

One Span of the Knit Bridge

Bridge Covered in Knitting

I will have more and better pictures tomorrow. This is the only one of the photos I took with my phone camera early this afternoon that turned out okay. I am going back tomorrow with a proper camera and lenses so I can really do it justice.

I also just got my package in the Summer Reading Swap from Ann in Nova Scotia. She sent me the first book in the Aurora Teagarden series by Charlaine Harris (of Sookie Stackhouse fame), and a skein of superwash merino wool hand-dyed by Ann herself in a kind of dusty rose colour, with a shot of fuchsia (that this photo doesn't really do justice to). I think the wool is DK or worsted weight. Not sock yarn, anyway.

Summer Reading Swap Package

Summer Reading Swap Package

Other goodies include Jolly Rancher candies, a bag of "Maple Fundy" tea, and some turtle-shaped handmade soaps (which I almost ate because they look like candy).

1 comment:

Amy Darsie said...

Please let me know how that book turns out. I'm a fan of the Sookie series but haven't read anything else.

Love the yarn!