Saturday, July 10, 2010

Yes, There Is Still a Bit of Knitting Being Done

Okay, so, I confess. As summer rolls around my attention turns more towards my garden and away from the knitting. But I have been in (fairly) regular attendance at the Friday night Knit & Chats I go to -- barring any bookings my husband may have made for us to attend performances at the Stratford Shakespeare Festival.


Last night I actually cast on and started a Baby Surprise Jacket. The Claudia's Handpainted yarn in the "Eat Your Veggies" colourway that I received in the swap is a great basis for the jacket, but of course this pattern depends on the knitter's own creativity with striping, so I went shopping, with the help of amiable ladies at Shall We Knit, for complementary solid colours to get the effect I'm looking for.

I was also scoping out the Koigu KPM for my Babette collection, so, as well as adding a skein to my collection, a skein of Koigu will be included in the BSJ (although, since it is a slightly lighter weight than the Claudia Handpaint, I plan on including only a few narrow stripes of it. The other yarn is a Rowan 4-ply Soft (fingering weight), in a beautiful light blue that leans ever-so-slightly towards the greenish side of the spectrum, which is a perfect complement to the "Eat Your Veggies" colourway.

Right now I am thinking I will do larger blocks of the variegated, with smaller blocks of blue, and a few pops of the Koigu.

Also, I have been given an ultimatum for the Lacy Baktus. It must be finished in six weeks. Okay, so hopefully I can accomplish that amount of knitting in that time. The Baktus is currently half-finished and I am just on the point of starting the decreases.

1 comment:

Delusional Knitter said...

Those colors look great. I just recently made two Baby Surprise Jackets, the pattern is so interesting and addictive. Works well in self striping yarn too.