Sunday, January 3, 2010

Cleaning Up

Remember this?

The Hoard

Well now it looks like this:

Yarn Stash

Well, technically that's not all of it. There are also two underbed boxes (one big, one smaller -- now actually stored under the bed, where they belong) and a separate shelf full of bagged yarn. You know, for all those sweaters I am going to knit.

I sent all my novelty yarn (eyelash and pompon stuff; I kept the fun fur) and an awful lot of leftover mohair to the thrift store. I was going to hang on to the mohair in case I knit another mitred square blanket or shawl, but in the end the lure of the clean floor was too strong and I sent it all away.

So the storage units are Antonius from IKEA. I would have preferred the translucent plastic drawers instead of wire baskets, but those were pretty much sold out. The wire baskets do provide airflow and allow me to see into the drawers, though, so it's still good.

On a different note, I have started the Fiddlehead Mittens, but I am still having problems with needle size. A US 3 was working well for me for the cast on, but now that I have added a second colour for the fair isle, I am seeing that that size is too large. I am going to try working with two circulars in US size 2. I do not want to deal with DPNs and colourwork at the same time if I can avoid it, but if I end up going down another needle size, that is probably my only option, unless I go needle shopping.

No comments: