Sunday, November 4, 2007

Only 68 Inches to Go

You may be interested in how this knitting thing came about.

(Please humour me and at least pretend for the moment that you are.)

Blame it on the loonie.

That is, the Canadian dollar, which is currently worth almost 1.07 USD.

I got my yarn at Michaels in Cheektowaga for $1.00 USD roll (that's 93 cents Canadian), marked down from $4.99. No doubt the same roll at my local Michaels would be at least $6.99 Canadian. [There's definitely a rant in there somewhere, but I've rewritten this post to eliminate it.]

But anyway, now I'm already four inches into my new scarf. (I figured out what I was doing wrong.) So, here it is.

Only 68 Inches to Go

I have only 68 inches to go.

--

Much Later, Same Day

I am half-finished my scarf now.

Half Done

By the way, the yarn I am using is Lion Brand Incredible (a ribbon yarn for knitting and crocheting) in "Copper Penny". I also bought a few rolls of "fun fur" type yarn, since it was all on for $1.00 roll.

Now I wish I had bought more of this ribbon yarn. Ah well, hindsight is 20/20.

No comments: