Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Typical Knitter

I finished the shiny shawl. I didn't end up doing a picot border. In the end, I just made something up as I went along and I couldn't even tell you what I did because it was totally improvised and I don't remember. But it looks like this:

The finished shawl looks like this:

I went to a yarn store to look around, see if I could find some more thin synthetic yarn with sequins, and ended up buying some extravagant yarn at half price. Even at half price it was over $30 a skein (with taxes). To make matters worse, sort of but not really, I had to get some matching yarn for the project I had in mind. So I got some beautiful Cascade Eco Highland Duo (baby alpaca and merino -- heavenly soft with a gorgeous halo, but sheds terribly).

This is the expensive yarn I bought. It hails from Argentina.

This is the Cascade:

So, what happened was, I just took my idea I was going to do with some pink and red yarns I had in my stash, and transferred it to my purchase. So now, instead of stashbusting, I just spent almost $100 for new yarn (well, I had to get some needles too, since I don't have any long circulars in a big enough diameter for that lovely Argentinian yarn). I guess that makes me a typical knitter.

No comments: