Sunday, July 22, 2012

Time Passes Even When You're Not Counting

I left that house on fire and I never went back...

Wow, I can't believe it's been almost two months since I posted. I haven't really had anything to say. I stopped work on Bermuda, all because of that little piece of dark green that I don't like.

I go through stages with my knitting. It tapers off dramatically in the summer. In the summer I like to read a lot. I should be out gardening too, but it's way too hot!

So, I gave up on the twist-thingy. I've realized that, among other problems (like choosing how to manage the short rows to make a circular shape) I just really dislike knitting with that yarn. It's acrylic. I try not to be a snob, but it's just not the same as knitting with wool. The hand is completely different. This is not "squeaky" acrylic by any means, but it doesn't have the give of wool.

Neither does Aya, but Aya is a silk/cotton/wool mix and my hands just "know" it is a natural fibre combination. So I am knitting a feather-and-fan scarf with my two complementary colours of Aya. It's lovely, mindless knitting that I can do at Knit & Chat. They must think I don't know how to do anything else, but it's just that that is the one thing I know I can do at Knit Night and not mess up. Almost everything else I've ever tried to bring, I end up ripping back the next time I look at it. Who wants to spend time adding two inches of knitting to something that you know will end up being wrong? Waste of time and effort.

1 comment:

Ginnie Hart said...

Funny thing is, Karen, we're smack-dab in the middle of Mercury Retrograde, so it makes sense that you've come back now. :) I love it.