
Not sure I've picked the right yarn and needle combination for the April Showers pattern yet. I love the yarn. It's Hayfield Ibiza, a vintage yarn long out of production. The acrylic/cotton/linen combo will drape beautifully, but won't make for easy blocking. I might be able to "kill" it (for you non-knitters, it's a technical term -- really! I didn't just make it up -- that applies to acrylic yarn), but I've not had much experience with that.

The needles are the Kollage Square circulars (don't you love the inherent contradiction of that name?) in a size US 10 (6 mm), which might be a touch too large for the pattern to look good with the DK yarn.
Actually, I do like the look, if I knew I could block it properly. Therein lies the dilemma. I think I might frog this and start again with some Noro Maiko.

I am getting into lace only in a very small way, but I do acknowledge that it takes some effort and I want the finished item to look good. To that end, I want to make the best yarn choices possible.
3 comments:
Well, now would be a good time to bind off and block your swatch ;-) That little square won't really make a difference in the finished scarf and if you block now you'll know if you like it or not.
That Noro is beautiful!!! I love the color.
When it comes to lace, its all relative. If you are a little too big, its okay - just make sure you have enough yarn to cover.
It looks to me like you're off to a darn-tootin' good start, Karen! Congratulations for venturing out of your comfort zone in knitting. HA!
Post a Comment