Monday, December 12, 2011

Weekend Yarn Shopping

Needle Emporium is one of my favourite local places to shop for Noro. On a shopping trip this weekend, I availed myself of the opportunity to pick up a few different ones, other than the standard Kureyon and Silk Garden varieties.

First up, Hitsuji. It's like Kureyon, only bulky.

Noro Hitsuji

I also got another new (to me) bulky Noro, Kogarashi. This seems similar to Iro, but is a wonderful 51/49 blend of silk and wool.

Noro Kogarashi

I also picked up some Silk Garden Lite. It differs from Silk Garden in being a lighter weight and in in its donut-shaped packaging. I love the colours of this one.

Noro Silk Garden Lite

And my only non-Noro purchase was another aran-weight self-striping yarn, Mochi Plus from Crystal Palace Yarns.

Crystal Palace Yarns Mochi Plus

All yarn stores have their charms. I guess you could think of them like friends. You have your best friend, and you have your good friends, and then you have your acquaintances. Spending time with any of them does not usually affect your relationship with the others. Variety is the spice of life and all that.

So instead of going to Shall We Knit on Friday, I went to Needle Emporium with a couple of friends. We then had a nice dinner at the Rousseau House, just down the street. Altogether a great evening!

2 comments:

Amy Darsie said...

Yarn and friends? What's not to love. I like the Kogarashi.

Ginnie Hart said...

The colors are to die for. It's so fun to see the raw material and then, later, what comes of it. Do show....of course!