
This is a version of the Kid Merino Cat's Paw scarf, done in fingering weight sock yarn, eliminating the eyelet border. My version includes "walking" cat paws, rather than a single line of paws up the middle.
One bonus of using the Shibui Knits sock yarn in the Tweed colourway is that I ended up unintentionally achieving the zigzag pooling pattern that you get when your stitch count aligns properly with the colour changes in the skein.
In case anyone is interested, here is my modified pattern:
CO 45 on size 8 needles.
Knit 5 garter stitch bumps (10 rows), then start pattern.
1: K12, K2tog, yo, K1, yo, K2tog, K28
2: Knit
3: K11, K2tog, yo, K3, yo, K2tog, K27
4: Knit
5: K13, K2tog, yo, K30
6-13: Knit eight plain rows
14: K12, K2tog, yo, K1, yo, K2tog, K28
15: Knit
16: K11, K2tog, yo, K3, yo, K2tog, K27
17: Knit
18: K13, K2tog, yo, K30
19-26: Knit eight plain rows
Note: This makes an 8-inch wide scarf before blocking.
1 comment:
I smile every time I think of a cat's-paw knitting design. :) It really turned out great, Karin.
Post a Comment