Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Year, New Project

I do not have anything profound to say about starting a new year. It is what it is. I did cast on a new project, though.

I had great plans to knit something a little lacier. I even started a different project, with different yarn. Then I knit a few rows of it, looked ahead at what was to come, and thought to myself, "I'm not going to be happy knitting this." So I discarded it (neatly) and immediately cast on for a Simple Yet Effective Shawl in Noro Kureyon.

Kureyon Shawl

It's not as soft as the Blue Moon yarn I used for my last one, but that hardly matters to me with my love of all things Noro. It's the colour.

Also?

Simple knitting is happy knitting. Happy New Year!

5 comments:

Amy Darsie said...

Wow! That Noro shawl is so beautiful! I love how vibrant the colors are!

Happy New Year to you! I'm looking forward to a new year of knitting and swapping!

Delusional Knitter said...

Good choice, if you're not going to enjoy knitting it ... out it goes!

I knit with Noro for the first time this past Fall, I can see why people get addicted to it.

Ginnie Hart said...

Again, colors to dye for. :)

Jen said...

Oooh, Noro knitting is happy knitting.

Philosophical Karen said...

Jen: That too.