Friday, February 12, 2010

No Knitting

The Guild meeting was fun. We got to hear about the history of Knitty.com (which I did not know was based out of Toronto). I did a bit of knitting, but had to rest about halfway through. I perused the Crazy Aunt Purl book I got out of the Guild library. I took it from the front table where the new additions to the library are displayed. (I mean, I signed it out and everything.) Apparently removing the book was a bad thing to do, though, because then the library lady couldn't hold it up for the crowd as she was giving her spiel about new books. So I got to hold it up for the crowd instead.

After last month's embarrassing raffle in which I won three prizes, I didn't even buy a ticket this time, in spite of E. offering me some grocery store tapes that would have entitled me to a free ticket. I refused to put my name in at all.

We were worried that the snow might turn into a real storm while we were at the meeting, but it didn't turn out that way. Our snowfall has been very light this year, compared to areas in the Eastern United States. That's okay. We deserve a break after the last couple of years.

Two years ago in March, my backyard looked like this:

Backyard Wide View, March 2008

(There's supposed to be a sunken patio at the front of this photo.)

On a different note, there is still no knitting being done, other than that little bit at the Guild meeting. My left hand is still too sore to contemplate spending any amount of time relying on it to manoeuvre yarn and needles around, not to mention holding heavy knitted fabric. It is only certain movements that cause actual pain, but still. Every morning I wake up hoping that all the pain will be gone and I will have my hand back. And every morning it almost seems like it has. Then I will go and twist my thumb that certain way again and that will be that.

Last night I was helping Fedora Boy with a project for English. I was typing stuff out for him on his laptop (no ergonomic keyboard like I am using now). After three pages of dictation I was ready for some ice. But the project is done and ready to hand in on time.

Now I am debating whether to go to Starbucks this morning, since I can't really do any knitting...

No comments: