I think I will also do one in Noro Iro when this one is finished. I only have one skein of it (from back in the days when I used to buy the pretty yarn because it was pretty, without thinking of what I might be able to make with it -- okay, so those days are not completely over, but I'm getting better).
Meanwhile, I have a pile of little and big things I should do in the way of knitting:
- graft the Kureyon Watchcap
- sew together and felt the Norwegian slippers that have been sitting unfinished on my craft table for several months now
- finish the Stegosaurus Noro Cowl (not sure what's stopping me there)
- get back to my cardigan, maybe start the second sleeve (how hard can it be? I've done one already!)
- either finish or frog the second square of the Great American Afghan (I am thinking I should frog it, because even if I finished it, I would have no use for it)
I also have a pile of disappointments sitting waiting for me to figure out what to do with them. All lace. Go figure.
- my lacy cowl ran into problems with stitch count and I don't know how to fix it (I should rip it back, but I'm afraid of dropping yarnovers and making it worse)
- ditto the third incarnation of my Odessa hat
- the Storm Cloud Shawlette has run into problems with stitch count and even though it's not a big problem, it seems to be consistently growing by one stitch per row and it's not supposed to do that, so I am afraid to continue and afraid to rip back
Oh let's face it, I'm just afraid of knitting lace right now. Which is ironic, since this year's theme for the Knitters' Guild is lace.
Speaking of Guild, I went to last night's meeting as one of the four musketeers, sitting at the back of the room again (far away from the action, since the new meeting room is long and deep, whereas the old one was shallow and wide).
Two young members who are skilled spinners gave a presentation on how to choose yarn for lace knitting projects. It was very informative.
Even though I may not ever have a practical use for the information.
Being afraid of lace and all.
Which -- I have decided -- is not negotiable, except on my own terms. Some people are afraid of spiders. I am afraid of knitting lace. (Okay, I know it's not that kind of fear. But still.)
Give me colourwork! Give me chunky yarn! Give me creative ways to use garter stitch!
I'll need some simple knitting for the car trip to Rhinebeck.
Speaking of which... weleavein48hoursandOMGIaminpanicmode. So... I'dbettergetstartedonallmyorganizingpackingandlastminuteshopping.
Breathe.
1 comment:
Ah, and here I am, sitting in fear of color work that is more than stripes!
I love those intricate color schemes and designs ... but always mess them up. Always. That Fake Isle hat is as good as I get.
As far as lace goes ... I love lace. There is something delicate in the details that I enjoy.
So, maybe we'll get over our fears some day, yeah?
Post a Comment