Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Onward, Ever Onward

It's been a while since I posted. We've had a few Knit & Chats since then.

The communal KnitPicks order came in. I had ordered some yarn and a circular needle, but the yarn must have been on backorder, so it got dropped from the shopping cart (which is fine). Anyway, I got the needle. And besides, instead of one ball of Suri Dream in 'Gloxinia' I got some other yarn by way of great gifts from various stashes.

The lovely J0knits dug out some great vintage Mohair Acrylic in two blues that will be perfect for the shawl.

Gift

The light blue is approximately the same colour and weight as the 'Barbara' yarn that I got in a stash swap with Saffity (and went through in a hurry as it became one of my staple colours). Now I don't have to ration it. I've got plenty!

Light Blue Mohair

Lyz also raided her copious stash (which I've heard contains three generations' worth of yarn) and gave me some absolutely gorgeous stuff in neutral colours.

Now, the current shawl is all in brights, but hey... did you notice that little word "current" sneak in there? What does that say to you? Yes, I think I am planning another project that will take advantage of the lovely bagful of yarn that Lyz just gave me.

Gift from Liz

There are at least two of each colour, though there is definitely more of the light brown.

But back to the current shawl. Here is what shape it's in now. And its shape is very important. It's now on its way to triangularity. Speaking of which, I guess I need to learn how to knit those modular triangles pretty soon.

Triangularity (Getting There)

On with the online research...

No comments: