Tuesday, August 19, 2008

10 Things (for a Swap Partner) to Know About Me

This is along the lines of those "random facts about yourself" memes that keep getting passed around the blogging universe. In this case, though, I'll be trying to reveal aspects of me that a knitting swap partner might be interested in.
  1. My favourite needles are Addi Turbos, but I also recently tried Hiya Hiya needles and they are okay. In longer cable lengths brands wouldn't matter as much, since flexibility is less important.

  2. My two projects that I am determined to one day knit are a Baby Surprise Jacket and a Babette blanket*. I mainly stick to free patterns when I make stuff. I don't know why. I guess because I have immediate access and it also doesn't matter if I never make it. One recent free pattern I made is the Baby Yoda sweater.

  3. When I knit the Baby Yoda sweater, I didn't have enough stitch holders to hold all the stitches at the neck. I only have two stitch holders. They are made of plastic and are five inches long.

  4. I have wanted fancy stitch markers for a while, but since I have a bunch of the coiless safety-pin kind, I have not been able to justify a "need" for them.

  5. I drool over beautiful shawl pins. Same goes for pewter clasps, ornate buttons, and other embellishments. I don't have an actual use for them, but I keep telling myself I will need them some day.

  6. For the better part of my life, I have worn my hair short, but about 5 years ago I finally grew my hair past my shoulders. I have kept it long ever since. But I still do not own any hair accessories. Right now when I need to pull my hair back I just use a regular elastic band. Ouch!

  7. I only like floral scents when they come wafting at me from actual flowers as I walk in the garden. My preferred scents are more earthy; musk and sandalwood (but not patchouli). I also like fruity (especially citrus), spicy (vanilla, cinnamon, black pepper), or green scents.

  8. I adore bright colours, especially in interesting combinations. To me, orange and pink go well together. Throw in some lime green or turquoise blue then tone it down with a chocolate brown and you've got a gorgeous palette going.

  9. In variegation, I usually find myself drawn to contrasting combinations rather than subtle tones of the same colour. I'm on a bit of self-striping kick right now.

  10. I'm a reader. I prefer more literary fiction to bestsellers. I do have a soft spot for mysteries, though. In non-fiction I like reading about anything except Sports, Warfare, Politics, and Popular Culture.


* I have just learned that the Babette blanket is exclusively a crochet project. At one time I was certain I saw the pattern had instructions for both a knitted version and a crocheted version, but I must have been mixed up with another pattern. So anyway, now if I'm determined to do a Babette blanket I will also have to teach myself to crochet. (Not impossible.)

No comments: